Saturday 4 June 2011

Sometimes humans are brilliant


I always rather like ABC’s What Would You Do series. The acting can be terrible and their microphone packs are often hanging obviously off jeans, but the letter written in this one moved me. It is read out from roughly 3:40 to 4:10.
Hello friends,

I know it doesn't mean much but I love you all. You have a beautiful family and I pray that one person's judgemental intolerance does not in any way put a damper on your hearts or minds. In the words of MLK Jr "In the end we remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends."

Donavon
I am not at all keen on religion, I think it is at best silly and at worst dangerous, but I have religious friends (it would be difficult not to) and there are many, a majority perhaps, of kind and compassionate religious people in the world. Also, he has lovely handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment